Teaching You How to Beat the Dealer in Blackjack

Blackjack is one of the most interesting games offered by online gaming sites and live casinos. Unlike other card games like poker where you are playing against other players, you are actually playing against the dealer. There can be other players playing at the same time, but what they do has no influence on what you do next. The only influence they have is by the cards they are dealt. Depending on the cards they have that are visible to you, it might influence your strategy depending on whether they are high or low cards. Other than that, you are playing against the dealer exclusively. Since the dealer does not get to decide their actions, you can optimize your play around actions you know they will make. Here we will be teaching you how to beat the dealer in blackjack. You should note that as we go through these strategies, we will be proceeding while under the impression that you know the basic rules of blackjack.

Find Tables That Suit Your Bankroll

When you are playing any game of cards, there is luck involved. There is no way to guarantee that you will win any given hand. The dealer could always get lucky at hit 21 when you have a 20. Instead, you win consistently by employing strategies that make sure you are profitable over thousands of hands. As a result, you need to be able to play thousands of hands and to do that you need to play at a table that is suitable for your bankroll. If you have $500 to spend, you will not be able to ensure that you are profitable by playing at a table with minimum bets of $100. Instead, you should be looking for tables with much smaller minimum bets.

Find Tables Where the Dealer Stands on a Soft 17

Not all blackjack tables have the exact same rules. Many tables have small variations in what actions the dealer will take. The rule you should look out for is whether the dealer stands or hits on a soft 17. A soft 17 is a 17 with an Ace. Since the Ace can be a 10 or 1, it is optimal to hit in this position because there is no risk that you will bust, and there is a chance that you could improve your hand. As a result, you should look for tables where the dealer stands on a soft 17.

Always Split Aces and Eights

When you are playing blackjack, you have the opportunity to split your hand when it is paired. It is always recommended that you split when you have aces or eights. You might think that it is a bad idea to split eights, but mathematicians have determined that it is profitable to split eights.

Make Sure You Have the Opportunity to Double Down

Doubling down is an important aspect of blackjack strategy, so if you want to learn how to beat the casino dealer, you should look for tables that allow you to double down. There are some tables that will only allow you to double down at a 10 or 11, but you want to play at tables that allow you to double down with any two cards. If you employ the correct strategies, doubling down in the right spots will improve your winning percentage.

Furthermore, you should always double down when you have an ace against the dealer's six. The only time you should not double down is when you have a soft 20. You should also double down against a dealer's soft five unless you have a soft 19 or 20.

Stand When You Have a Hand That Could Bust Against a Dealer's Card

When you are playing blackjack, you get to see the dealer's top card. As a result, how you play will be different depending on the card they are showing. If the dealer is showing a four, five, or six, you should stand if you have a weak hand. For example, if you have a hand that is equal to 12 without an Ace, there is roughly a 70 percent chance that you will improve your hand. However, there is a 30 percent chance that you will bust. New players might be tempted to hit here, but it is a losing strategy. Instead, the best way of how to beat the dealer in this position is to give the dealer the opportunity to bust instead of you.

Set Your Limits

It does not matter whether you are playing blackjack or any other game that involves betting money, you should set a limit for yourself and stick to it. Set aside some money to play with, and if you run out of that money, do not take more money out to play. If you keep doing this, you will be losing money that you cannot afford to lose. As a result, you need to stick to the limits you set before the session started.

Choose a Betting Strategy

The size of your bets and how you make your bets are just as important to your ability to win as how you play each hand. As a result, you need to familiarize yourself with a betting strategy before you get started. There are several betting strategies available to players that are based on mathematical progressions to help you recover losses and turn a profit. Each system is a little different, and they exist with specific bankrolls in mind. As a result, you will need to do some research to see which one is best for you.

Learning how to beat the bvlackjack dealer in UK online casinos might sound simple, but it requires a lot of studying. You do not need to be a card counter to learn how to beat the online casino dealer, but there are still many things for you to learn. As a result, it is recommended that you do some studying beforehand to give yourself the best chance to win. That way you will have a few tips on how to beat the dealer in blackjack.